Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Carry each others burdens..."

I talked to a really good friend this morning at 7:30am to find out her dad passed away yesterday. When the reality hit me a few minutes after I received the text message, tears quickly filled my eyes. He died of cancer. So many thoughts immediately consumed my mind: He was too young to die, he left 4 kids and grandchildren behind, I can't fathom the pain my friend and her family are experiencing, any day could be my last, why didn't I ask my friend more often how he was doing, etc. I am burdened because I know my friend is experiencing one of the hardest things in life: death of a loved one. I can't stop thinking about her and her pain she is dealing with. As believers, we are called to mourn with our sisters and brothers in Christ. We are also called to carry each others burdens. I believe this comes very natural when we try to put ourselves in that person's shoes. When a good friend or family member is hurting, you hurt. I can't imagine ever losing my dad, especially right now at his young age. Most people assume they will live until they are old and gray. That is not reality. If we woke up everyday realizing that today could be our last day, we would all probably live life a lot differently. Even though I'm young, I know that the Lord will take me home in His perfect timing. I want to be ready for that. If you think about it today, tell the people in your life that mean the most to you that you love them and are thankful for them. Keep my friend and her family in your prayers ,please, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment