Thursday, March 17, 2011

Baby K weekend.

This past weekend, Scott, Leann, and I road tripped to Springfield, MO for Kate's baby shower. She 's due next month and it is extremely obvious. She's a tiny gal as it is, but she has a massive basketball looking belly. Adorable, of course. I think that's what every woman dreams to look like when they are preggo. Right now we call her baby, Baby K. Kate and Kevin don't want people to know his name yet. I have a feeling I won't be able to get out of the habit of just calling him Baby K the rest of his life. Sorry Kate! It was a beautiful weekend so we were able to take a lovely walk in park (I think it's a requirement to have a little dog if you live in Springfield, MO) and be outside quite a bit.
it was sunny and kevin is funny


look at that belly!!!



The shower was on Sunday and it was an eco-friendly shower. Kate is my hippy all-natural friend. In the invitation it said to be creative with wrapping the presents in an eco-friendly way, SO I did just that.



I went straight to my recycling bin (see, I try to be eco-friendly too) and grabbed a granola bar box, a lean cuisine box and some newspaper. I went outside and picked up leaves, sticks and maybe tore a few pine needle branches off of our bushes (maybe not the most environmental friendly thing to do...sorry kate). I taped a little bit of each on the presents. PERFECT! I will say, Leann made a joke to wrap a present in just leaves, so I somewhat stole that idea from her. She was creative too, but hers was a lot cuter. She bought a basket and clothes pinned several onsies together and put them in there. It was really cute...Leann's just cute like that though. Anyways, the baby shower was great and Kate and Kevin got lots of goodies for when Baby K arrives on April 11th (I think that's the correct date).
p.s. Scott had to come to the shower because we were leaving straight from there, and he was the only guy there besides Kevin (who is the baby daddy). He promised he would never go to one again (unless it was his own...hopefully) because "there was way too much estrogen and emotional women in the room."

1 comment:

  1. Awwww.... i love this! Thanks for coming! miss you so much! Love the picture of the three of us and you "cupping" baby k, hahaha hilarious! And Scott... so sorry buddy there were A LOT of emotions that day, thanks for being there though. BIG BELLY HUGS!

    ReplyDelete