Saturday, May 21, 2011

husband and his motorcycle.

Scott finally got a motorcycle.  He's been wanting one for a really long time now.  He diligently searched on craigslist for 2 weeks until he found "the one."  At first he was looking for one that didn't run. He knew it would be cheap and he enjoys fixing things. I like the cheap idea too and I am good at watching him fix things. It's a 1989 Yamaha Radian 600...sure, sounds great to me!  He got a pretty amazing deal...it was cheap AND it runs! The corroborator needs to be fixed (do I sound smart?)....I think that's the main problem. Thankfully his dad is a mechanic and can help him fix it.  One more thing he needs to do that is slightly important is get his motorcycle license. I asked him if he could teach me to drive it and he hesitantly said "uh...maybe!"  I guess I'll have to teach myself. Joke. I would die. The first thing everyone asks me when I tell them Scott bought a motorcycle is, "Are you scared!?!?!"  I just tell them there is a lot of things in life that are dangerous and I'm not really scared. That may change when I am actually riding on the back of it and only have Scott to hold onto.  I trust him though.  I'm pretty pumped to become a motorcycle wife. My mom gave me a 15 minute lecture on how dangerous they are and how safe Scott needs to be. Thanks mom for caring...I do appreciate your worries and your reservations.
Another bonus: Scott got a FREE helmet!! It's a nice one too. We are now on the lookout for a helmet for me. I'm thinking about bedazzling it when I get one. Scott may be embarrassed to ride with me if I do that...I guess it's not worth me not being able to ride with him. The bike had these hideous, bright green, tribal stickers on it when he first got it. Thankfully they peeled off. My friend, Jen Manning, suggested we get a tattoo to match it. Do you have an awesome picture of us on the bike with matching bright green, tribal tattoos on our arms and my bedazzled helmet?  Man, that sounds pretty.  Before Scott had his interview this past Wednesday, I made sure to take one last pic of his awesome/nasty mustache IN his new helmet.
He's such a charmer!  I already miss his nasty mustache. When we get that baby running, don't be surprised if you read in the newspaper about the new "Schneid Dog Gang" in town. Pictures to come...

2 comments:

  1. hahah love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome! I bet he laughs in the face of danger! (lion king just in case you didnt catch it)

    ReplyDelete