Wednesday, May 25, 2011

patience and trust.

Yesterday Scott had another interview in Centralia for the school where he really wants to be a teacher. We haven't heard anything back from his last interview yet. I have been kind of, ok, a huge nervous wreck. I try to fool myself and say that I'm not nervous and that "God knows best", but deep down I haven't been truly believing that like I know I need to. What if Scott doesn't get a teaching job again this year? I kept thinking that last night and it did me no good. I prayed last night and this morning that the Lord would help me to completely trust Him and truly believe that He already has a plan. I know all of the answers, but it's a lot harder when I'm put to the test. Thankfully my husband is a man of God and told me about five times last night, "Jane, if I don't get a job, it's alright! I don't want it if God closes both doors. For some reason he may still want me to work at R.P. Lumber and I am thankful I have a job right now." Wow. I should be the one saying those encouraging words to HIM, considering he's the one that has to interview! Wife fail. I so badly want Scott to get a job because I know how bad he wants it and I know how amazing of a teacher he will be. He will be such a light to whatever school the Lord places him in.

I woke up this morning having more of a peace than I had last night. I feel awful for not trusting our CREATOR. He DOES know what's best! I have an issue because I need to think on the things that are true as Philippians 4:8 tells me to. He hasn't even been denied anything yet. Chill out Jane!!! God has blessed us so much already and I need to be thankful for what we have. I need not to be greedy. We will be just fine! I know that, I just need to put it into practice.

I praise God for his grace on my unbelief and his faithfulness in our lives.


"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry for itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own." Matthew 6:34

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Matthew 6:27

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

3 comments:

  1. So thankful for your soft, teachable heart...papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right. It is much easier to say God is in control than it is to trust He is in control.

    "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

    "Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me." Psalm 119:133

    "If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm;" Psalm 37:23

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks dad and mel...those verses are so encouraging and true Mel.

    ReplyDelete