Tuesday, December 7, 2010

— hon·ey·moon·er noun

I would like to be a honeymooner for life. My definition of honeymooner: one who goes on a trip with their spouse at least once a year for the rest of their lives. The correct definition of a honeymooner: a trip or vacation taken by a newly married couple. So technically we have to be newlyweds. We will fit into this correct category for a few years, but that's no fun.  Going on a honeymoon after you get married is so great, but for some people, that may be the only trip they take with one another for an extensive amount of time. Ideally, to go on a large, expensive trip more than once a year or maybe even once every few years isn't likely (unless you are blessed with a little extra mula to spare).  It's funny, because a lot of people will tell Scott and I that right now is the best time to travel. "You are young and you don't have kids yet, so go travel!" Yeah, that would be great if we could afford it. That is more practical years down the road, after the kids have their kids and we are retired. I do look forward to that someday, but that's a long way away.  So for now, we are going to try and save some money when possible and take some sort of trip at least once a year. I'm not talking about a trip that will cost thousands of dollars. I'm talking about any type of fun, creative trip that will allow us to get away and enjoy each others company without the mundane routine of everyday life interfering for a short time.  Maybe that trip will end up being Branson, MO at one point. I'm ok with that. Maybe that will be a weekend getaway at a bed and breakfast. Of course I would like to go to Europe someday, but for now, small trips will be perfect.

I was looking at pictures from when Scott and I went to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico for our honeymoon this summer.  One or our favorite adventures included driving ATV's through the jungle, caving, and zip lining into a beautiful sinkhole.  It was by far our favorite part of the honeymoon.
I felt claustrophobic. 
yes, we went on that zip line together.













Honeymooner for life baby!

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet, Janie. Thank you for a glimpse into your life. I love you :)

    ReplyDelete