Thursday, December 16, 2010

a shout out to Douglas Melvin Hayward.

 Douglas Melvin Hayward, my lovely father, was born on Dec. 16, 19--.  He may not want me to tell you the date, then you would be able to figure out his young age. He grew up in Ladue, MO with 2 older sisters and 2 older brothers. Dad was the baby. Now, he is currently married to my step-mom, Lynn Hayward, and lives a busy, but joyful life. He is probably the most friendly mailman you'll ever meet, a father of 8 lovely kids (5 of his own and 3 step), and the leader of the college and career group at his church.  If you know my pops, you probably love him. Here are my top ten reasons why you gotta love Douglas Melvin:

dad and Elijah (his first grandbaby)
1. He has the greatest middle name (He wants all of his grandbabies to be named either Melvin or Melvina...not happening)
2. He may be the most animated person I know (his children take after him)
3. He loves keeping his traditions (ex. Sunday after church Quick Trip run for 2 hotdogs)
4. He will fall asleep working out or anywhere he can lay down
5. He loves his diet coke
6. He has wisdom beyond his years
7. He has a sensitive heart toward the things of Christ
8. He makes extremely difficult/mean/hard-hearted people his projects in life
9. His love he has for his wife and kids is unconditional
10. He is the most God-fearing man I know who lives his life each day to glorify Christ....and it's so obvious.

I Love you dad and I'm so thankful the Lord blessed me with you as my father...the greatest father any daughter can ever ask for. Thank you for living your life for all to see Christ through you. Happy Birthday Dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the first time dad saw me before the wedding

dad praying with me before we walked down the aisle

me and my sweet daddy

2 comments:

  1. i love your dad! Happy Birthday Doug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are one lucky lady to have the father you have! :) Happy birthday Doug!

    ReplyDelete