Wednesday, December 29, 2010

my favorite Christmas ever...as i recall.

This year Christmas was different.  I've never had a Christmas before being a married woman! It was a huge change, but a great change. I've been longing for this Christmas for a few years now. I've always loved Christmas, being with family and getting to see everyone. As I got older, I longed to begin my own traditions. Coming from a divorced family, holidays can be a little stressful. We would go to three different places on Christmas day so we could spend it with everyone. I was thankful to see everyone, but it made for an extremely long day.

I knew this Christmas would be different this year now that I have my own family...Scott Schneider:) We talked about how we were going to do things for months ahead of time, but never quite figured it out fully until the day of. Plans still changed the day of, but it ended up being perfect. This year, being our first Christmas as newlyweds, was still a bit chaotic. We haven't quite figured out the right plan for years to come....so once again, I still went to three different places. Christmas Eve, we hung out with Scott's brother, Jered and my sis-in-law, Jordan. We made a yummy meal and watched the best Christmas movie, Christmas Vacation. Christmas morning, my hunny and I woke up and had our own little Christmas together, just the two of us!  It was absolutely perfect! Then we went to Scott's parents and had Christmas with them. Finally, we had Christmas evening with the Hayward's.  All of my siblings were in town, which rarely happens. We took a family picture, ate a delicious dinner, and opened presents from one another. My sister, Emily, and I have a tradition of seeing a movie together Christmas night. We kept it this year, except Scotty came with:)  The day after, we went to church and then had Christmas with my mom. That night, we went back to my dad's and he had extended family over.

Though it was still a very busy Christmas, the quality time I spent with my wonderful husband and my family made for the best Christmas I've ever had. As we've all gotten older, we appreciate the time with each other more than ever. I savored every moment. I am so thankful for our families God has truly blessed us with. I'm also extremely thankful I can spend Christmas with my husband for the rest of my life.

I haven't uploaded the numerous pictures I have taken this break, but when I do, I will put them up for sure:)  Lots to come!!

1 comment: