Saturday, January 1, 2011

our first Christmas as newlyweds.

This year we had our first Christmas morning with just the two of us. We don't know if we will be able to do this again depending on future circumstances, but we surely cherished the moment this year.
Scott made a fire on our t.v.




Then we headed to the Schneider's house for the afternoon to spend Christmas with them.  We each opened our gifts one by one. I liked that tradition because you got to see what everyone got and gift opening lasted longer. Everyone loved what they got. Afterward, Trina and Al sent all the kids downstairs, covered the staircase with a blanket, and told us to not come upstairs. After awhile, we were called back upstairs and Al surprised Scott, Jered and C.J. with amazing antique fans from 1923 and 1924 that he bought and completely refurbished. Al is truly gifted.  It was definitely one of our favorite gifts. It will go with our antique look of our house we hope to pursue someday:)



Our last stop on Christmas was the Hayward household. All of my siblings were in town (I have 8 brothers and 1 sister), so my dad really wanted to get a family picture just in case this wouldn't happen again in a while. I don't have that, but when I get it, I'll post it. It was so great spending quality time with my siblings. I love my family so much. We were also entertained by my sweet nephew, Elijah.  He liked the wrapping paper better than his gift.


Jesse got 2 snuggies for Christmas!




Finally, the day after Christmas, we went to church and then went to my mom's to have our Christmas with her. Everyone rips theirs open at once, so it takes about 10 minutes and that's it. It's over. Patrick, our dog, sits in the middle of everyone with wrapping paper all over him. Elijah was entertained by a singing/dancing dog Jesse got him for Christmas. Good times at mom's house.



Jesse got us gift cards to Starbucks. What a sweetheart.


That evening, we went back to dads and spent time with our extended family. My cousin, Mandy, came up from Mississippi! I rarely get to see her, so it was a treat.

Whew! Long post. I just now took a breath. I hope you had a lovely Christmas a well. 
Love,
Janie



















1 comment:

  1. This makes me really excited to spend my first Christmas with Jordan next year when we're married! Loved all the pictures, Janie! Glad you had a fun holiday :)
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete