Monday, November 22, 2010

a bowl of soup

I stayed home from work twice last week due to a nasty, nasty cold.  It's that time of the year in the midwest when the weather can't make up it's mind, so we all get sick. Not fun. Staying home from work is nice, but not really when you are sick. I haven't laid on the couch for a full day straight since I was probably in high school.  My body needed it.  Monday morning I woke up with a stuffy nose.  I still went to work and even worked out afterward. When I got home, I knew it was coming on strong.  I decided to make some good 'ol homemade chicken noodle soup...well, not from a can at least:)  My mom used to take care of me all the time when I was sick.  I do admit, I can be a baby when I'm sick.  This was the first time since we've been married that I've been sick.  I guess I expected Scott would be just like my mom when I'm sick...I should never assume.  He didn't know I was a big baby either, so it took him by surprise when I wanted him to, somewhat, wait on me hand and foot (I try not to ask him to do much for me usually:)  I am thankful I made a huge pot of chicken noodle soup on Monday that was able to last us all week!  So all Scott had to do was warm that up...and attempt to make grilled cheese for the first time.  He did great, though his specialty is Hamburger Helper.  Now he knows next time I get sick he will have to turn into my mom:)  A bowl of soup a day took my pain away...well, I like to think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment