Wednesday, November 24, 2010

crazy einstein woman

Yesterday I went to the dermatologist...finally.  I have sunspots on my face and I've been meaning to get them checked out for awhile now. I went to a doctor in Carlyle, Dr. DuComb. First the nurse came in and asked me a bunch of questions.  I thought she was Dr. DuComb. Nope! In comes Dr. DuComb singing my last name along with some other lyrics I couldn't understand. She had crazy, curly hair that looked like Einstein's and she talked about a thousand miles/hour. I had to have her repeat herself several times. After she stopped singing, she gave me a mirror to hold, turned off the lights, and held up a light to my face. Welp, my sunspots were a lot nastier in that lighting than they are in regular lighting...thankfully.  I found out it wasn't just from the sun.  It's a combination of 3 different things: being a female (hormones), genetics, and UVA rays. She told me everything I needed to do and said goodbye.  It would've been nice if she talked a little slower, but thankfully when she left the room the nurse re-explained everything she said and wrote down what I needed. I was happy I can use skin lightner, until I found out it would cost $240 for the skin lightening cream!!! That's just sick. That will have to wait. She did give me some good recommendations while I was there:
1. a bar of soap is the best thing to use on your face and body (specific kinds are best)
2. lotion is just water. body cream is best for face and body.

If  you think about it, that's what was used back in the day and it worked well. It will save us money too!  Anyways, I did purchase what she recommended and I also have to wear sunscreen on my face everyday. I guess it's time to start taking care of my skin so I don't get skin cancer.  I don't want to look like this lady:

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jane,
    Glad you got it checked! Wish i was there to meet the crazy einstein woman, haha sounds hilarious!
    You should check out some homeopathic remedies too. I'll do some research for you when I can remember! love you

    ReplyDelete