Thursday, November 11, 2010

a simple prayer

Today I woke up and performed my normal, daily routine of getting ready for work. Once again, I shut my alarm off a few times dreading opening my eyes. Everyday I try to spend time in prayer and in the Word.  The days I treasure sleep over my time in the Word are the days I notice a negative change in my attitude.  I'm not as joyful and I am not as mindful of Christ throughout the day.  This morning, I spent a little time in prayer asking God to help me be mindful of him throughout the day and to give me strength to honor Him in all I do. I read a great devotional on faith and then headed out the door for another day at work.  The first step I took onto my porch I praised God for the beautiful weather.  That was the first of many short praises and prayers I have had today.  Keeping Christ mindful throughout the day makes a worlds difference in my attitude, my thoughts, the way I love others, and the way I go about my day. He calls us to pray without ceasing.  That doesn't mean we have to be praying every moment of the day, but to keep him mindful and saying simple prayers is to pray without ceasing.  Simple prayers throughout the day is a great way to keep a relationship with our Maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment