Monday, November 29, 2010

our first Christmas tree!

Yesterday, Scott and I went to the tree farm in Greenville and picked out our first, real Christmas tree!  It was a lot of fun.  We didn't realize how expensive they would be, but we found the perfect tree for us that was reasonable:)
We thought about how awesome it would be to get this fat buddy, but realized it was about as big as our apartment.

We baked cookies, drank hot coco, watched Christmas Vacation, and decorated our tree's lovely branches.  It met all my expectations of putting up our first Christmas tree together:) The first year of marriage is so much fun! I just bought the star for the top today, so the tree in these pictures doesn't have a tree topper yet.




We decided every year until we begin having kids, we will buy each other an ornament for each other. Scott began that tradition two years ago with an "Our First Christmas" ornament.  I actually laughed a little when he gave it to me because I thought that was what you get for your first Christmas being married.  It's on our tree now! He says he knew he was going to  marry me, so he wanted to give it early...haha...whatever.  I look forward to having kids someday and beginning fun traditions with them.  Merry Christmas is in 26 days!!!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice guys! We had fun hanging out the other night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love it! I wish you guys would have gotten fat buddy! Then Scott would have had to run like Buddy the Elf to put the star on top

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so awkward and funny!!!! does your real tree smell soooo good? love you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet post Janie. I love the big fat one. You should have bought it and just kept it in the middle of your yard! :)

    ReplyDelete